Thursday, September 1, 2011

when in rome...

Roma!




We took the morning train to Rome, which ended up being an absolute pain. From the train to metro to our hostel took us absolutely forever! Although we were pleasantly surprised that our bed and breakfast was the cutest thing! Free snacks, a large refrigerator, and a really nice bathroom. Our room was definitely small for five girls, there were clothes everywhere! Admitedly mostly mine. :) We walked around St. Peter's Square for a while, went to a grocery store to get some wine and food, and napped (looks like that Spanish lifestyle really got to us). Then we had the most amazing, beautiful night in Italy, drinking wine on the Spanish Steps and throwing our coins into the Trevi Fountain for luck. I managed to talk one of the Italian taxi drivers into letting five girls in a four person car, no big deal :). We met some very funny gentlemen on the streets that night, it's funny what boys will say to you when they are trying to get your number to hang out...(but let's be honest, there are some things even a cute accent can't make precious, such as "I was featured as the voice of a Snatcher on the Harry Potter video game!!").




The next day we went to almost every site that Rome has to offer. St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican Museum, Colesseum, Pantheon, Circus Maximus, and so much more. We decided to a hop-on, hop-off bus because the sites are so spread out in Rome, which turned out to be such a good idea. We were up from 6 AM going to see the sights, but it was completely worth it! The only downside was the heat in Rome- it reminded me of Sevilla. Also I was having an incredibly bad hair day and thought it was okay to wear pigtails...probably biggest faux pas of the trip. We were so tired from all of our sightseeing that we ended up falling asleep for about 12 hours!




My last day in Rome was relaxing, just going out to eat some gelato, get all of my things packed for my late flight out of Rome and into Munich. It's amazing how everything would fit into my suitcase, and when I opened it, it would explode. I can't tell you how many times I was sitting on the top of my suitcase jamming everything shut...but it would all make it to the next destination! Luckily clothes don't weigh that much and I always got through the weight restrictions... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment