Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"...that never happened."- Heidi

We have finally started packing!! And now that I see how small the suitcases actually are, I am wondering how we are going to fit everything... uh oh. I foresee some last minute packing "adjustments" that we'll have to make. Maybe that whole "one suitcase for only shoes" isn't going to work out as well as we thought...

We also got our housing assignments! Which is as exciting as it sounds. Although kind of worrisome, we are not allowed to use the kitchen. At all. Which in Heidi's case is probably a good thing (let's remember the time she tried to take a pan out of the oven with bare hands...), but I am disappointed! I wanted to make our family a real traditional American meal, like...hotdogs...or ramen...anyway, irrelevant. I guess no American meals for us.

Me: Oh my gosh, Soldja Boy is in Brazil right now.
Heidi: Are you serious??!
Me: Yeah!
Heidi: How long is he going to be there? Maybe we will see while we are there!!
(silence)
Me: Brazil is not in Europe.
(silence)
Heidi: That never happened.

My favorite episode of How I Met Your Mother was on today..."Nothing Good happens After 2 AM". If you haven't seen it, watch it. If you don't like HIMYM, watch it. You will love it. Neil Patrick Harris is too much, I swear. I will definitely miss these shows while I am abroad...Guess I'll have to find the Spanish version of HIMYM. Imagine, Spanish Barney. Yup, definitely legend- wait for it- ary.

Playlist of the moment:
Hair- Lady Gaga
The Lazy Song- Bruno Mars
F**k him, he's a DJ- Ke$ha
Cat Daddy- Rej3ctz
Turning Tables- Adele
Honey Bee- Blake Shelton (yeah that's right, say something, I dare you.)
Dog Days are Over- Florence and the Machine
Girls Do What They Want- The Maine
Where Them Girls At- David Guetta


First time I'll be away from my mom and dad for more than 2 weeks :(


PS- for those of you who asked me for my mom's pasta recipe, I will post it up as soon as she gives it to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment