Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Don't get in cabs with strangers."- Mom

Time flys when you want it to slow down. It's hard to believe it is only 5 days away-ahhh! Oddly enough, as the time to leave approaches, my list of things to do seems to get longer. Things have I gotten done include buying clothes, buying shoes (you have to have good shoes in Europe!!), and getting some pretty Monopoly money (also known as Euros). Maybe I should, oh, I don't know, start packing? Yeah. About that.

Newsbreak! Heidi is apparently trying to "fix" her internal clock before going to Europe by staying up until 6 AM and then going to sleep (she has been preparing for years, apparently)! Props. We'll let you know how that works out for her.

My dad is pretty excited for us to leave and get some traveling (and beer-tasting) experience, but my mom is slowly but surely beginning to freak out about Heidi and me leaving. Being the great daughter I am, I suggested that we re-watch the movie Taken with Liam Neeson. Needless to say, she was not amused.

However, one of the best things about leaving is that your mom makes sure she cooks all of your favorite dinners before you go. Last night = favorite pasta dish with chicken, bacon, tortellini, mushrooms, zucchini, squash and onions. Yum! Other dishes we hopefully get to eat before we leave: mashed potatoes, steak, burger, french fries (you know those are American), and cheesecake. Lots of cheesecake and/or pie.

Three days left of work! Sorry to everyone who wanted us to bring cheesebread overseas, guess I'll just have to make some while I'm there.

As a little last note, we'll be posting pictures this week of the things we will miss most about America...

Jena and Frosty.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely just bookmarked this. So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete