Sunday, May 22, 2011

Epic Fail #1 of the European Adventure = already happened, sadly enough.

The last weekend before leaving is always the hardest. Nothing feels real until you are finally saying goodbye to those people who are your reasons for not leaving. Your good friends will hold you and tell you everything will be okay, but your best friends are crying with you and telling you "B****, get out of here and have some awesome European adventure and make me jealous!" While I MAY or MAY NOT have cried at the bar last night, just want to say thanks to all of the friends that saw Heidi and me off on our last night in America. We feel so lucky to have all of your support and love. :)

So on Saturday, I committed one of my smartest moves ever. As I was in Walmart doing some last minute shopping, I went to the "travel" aisle with shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothpaste, etc. THEN, The Idea struck me. "Well," I thought, "since I can't bring big containers of shampoo and conditioner on my carry-on, then I'll buy 5 small 3 ounce things of shampoo and conditioner!" Yes, I know. And yes, I did indeed buy all of those little bottles. Feeling all high and mighty, I walked into my house and showed my mom my purchases. Her response?

...

Yeah. Silence. And then laughter, lots of laughter, as she explained to me the idea behind not taking more than 3 ounces of liquids in your carry-on. And so here we have it, Epic Fail #1 of our European adventure.

Sometimes it's the little things that hit you most about leaving, like driving. I absolutely LOVE my Jeep and all the memories I've had with it. And I know everyone loves the Goldfish I keep in the back for my drunk passengers :). But what I love most are those 80 degree days (no humidity, obvi) like today when I can just roll my window down and cruise down Dodge like it's nobody's business. Heidi says to also mention that the music must be blaring so you feel like you are on Laguna Beach (she would say that). It's hard to believe that I won't be driving for more than two months...

But one of the things I am looking forward to is the fashion in Europe! No more sweatpants for these girls, we are looking to take Europe by storm with our amazing - that's right, amazing- fashion sense. We will of course be posting for you the pictures of our outfits in front of the many places we will be stopping!

Well, it's about that time...time for the biggest adventure of our lives. Are we ready? Maybe. Are our bags packed? Luckily. Catch you later, America- the Kurtenbach sisters are headed for Europe!

First stop? London!

No comments:

Post a Comment