Wednesday, November 16, 2011

not time to get skinny- time to get fit! part one.


As I said in an earlier post, Heidi and I are trying to get a more consistent workout schedule going. We made a little "workout board" where we schedule our workouts for the rest of the week. For me, it's easier to be held accountable to what I'm supposed to be doing if I have it concretely written in front of me. It also helps to have someone to do the workouts with/be accountable to (Heidi). We both think that doing it together makes it harder to ditch on, and for us, it adds a competitive spirit to working out which helps to drive us to do it the hardest and the best so we get the best results (meaning...we want to beat each other, haha).




I think it's an important thing to change up your workouts. Not only do you work out different muscles, it keeps your workouts from getting repetitive. That always seemed to be a huge problem with me and running everyday- as in, I would linger at my homework so I wouldn't have to run... saddest thing- but I find that if I am mixing up running on the elliptical with walks through the neighborhood, zumba sessions, and some workout videos (Jillian & Bob from Biggest Loser, usually), it makes it a lot more bareable. Even when I don't have time to do an hour workout, I usually have a back-up plan for a quickie. :)

Here's a couple of the workouts I've been doing (all found via Pinterest):




I have made what I call my "always running" playlist, so when I go on the elliptical I know I have to get through this playlist before I can get off. I like to get my mind off of the time that I'm running so that I can concentrate on other things (watching TV, reading a book, studying, etc.) while I'm on the elliptical.

My current playlist:

Cinema- Benny Benassi feat. Gary Go
You and I- Lady Gaga
Wild Boy- Machine Gun Kelly
Super Bass- Nicki Minaj
Give Me Everything- Pitbull
Without You- Usher & David Guetta
Criminal- Britney Spears
We Found Love- Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris
On the Floor- Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull
In the Dark- Dev
What You Know- Two Door Cinema Club
I Roll Up- Wiz Khalifa



Okay this has been a super long post, but I promise to post more about healthy eating in a different post. This thesis paper is kicking my butt, I just can't seem to get into a rhythm to write it- so frustrating! Although multitasking while trying to write it is probably also not the smartest idea... :)

[all images via Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment